Saturday, March 31, 2007

One of My Favorite Weekends

Conference!!! I love it!!
Ok, guys. Here's my favorite quote from the Morning Session:

The spirit of the gospel is optimistic; it trusts in God and looks on the bright side of things. The opposite or pessimistic spirit drags men down and away from God, looks on the dark side, murmers, complains, and is slow to yield to obediance.

-Orson F. Whitney

Pres. Monson quoted this song, and I loved it!
On a beautiful day that I dream about
In a world I would love to see
In a beautiful place where the sun comes out
And it shines in the sky for me
On this beautiful winters morning
If my wish would come true, somehow
Then the beautiful day that I dream about
Would be here, and now.


Elder Holland gave a wonderful talk on words. He gave a maxim for living:
No misfortune is so bad that whining about it won't make it worse.


So there are a few of my favorite moments of this mornings General Conference. :D
Stay tuned for the afternoon conference session!
*corky*

5 comments:

The Warrior said...

Again? I thought you just had this a couple of months ago....

Nathan said...

I love those quotes! :-D Definitely words to live by.

I love Conference. ^_^

@Spencer:

We have Conference every six months. :-)

Courtney said...

every april and october, spencer. ;)

i wish we had them more often! :D

The Warrior said...

You mean that was six months ago?????

Courtney said...

lol. yup, six months. freaky, huh? time passes quickly.