Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, which most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be wonderful, talented, gorgeous, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest God's glory within us. It is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we automatically give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence liberates others.


My dad gave me a copy of this quote. I'm not sure who said it, but it's amazing. And it's true!
There's the thought for the day! ;)
I'm out.
*corky*

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that. Absolutely entirely love it.

The Warrior said...

Me too!

Nathan said...

Me three. 8-) Great quote!

The Warrior said...

Lol, I was waiting for someone to say that. :-P

Anonymous said...

I believe it was Nelson Mandela. good quote.

Meliss said...

yep it was and not to meantion, it was used on akelah and the bee. good show