Saturday, December 09, 2006

Snowball Fights, Dates, and College Plans, Oh My!

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted. But I'm back, and I've got some stuff to say. :)
This week has been crazy. School is insane. My house is a mess. I'm way behind in some school stuff, I can't find my $125 calculator, and I've bombed some tests. And. My human biology teacher...well, we won't go there. We've been redoing my bathroom. It's been almost 2 weeks, and it's still not done. It's driving me crazy.

Some pretty awesome stuff happened this week. Would it be bragging to say most of it was my idea? If you said yes, prepare to read some bragging. ;)
I love snow. Snow is so much fun. :D I love snowball fights. So on Wednesday, I decided that I wanted to have a snowball fight. After enlisting a few people, Austin, Nathan, and Jaron, a mad snowball fight ensued. The problem is, I have crappy aim. So I was getting killed. I very rarely hit anyone. Although I had a few good shots (Nathan took one in the face. ;)), the guys were kicking my butt. I can't count the times I got hit in the head. Mostly, those hits were from Austin. Makes sense, doesn't it? Since when he puts his arm straight out, it hits me in the head. ;) Ok, so it hits over my head. :D lol. So anyway, back to me getting my butt kicked in a snowball fight. At one point, I looked over at Jaron and he was laying in the snow. And I thought "I could take this opportunity at a cheap shot and hit him hard. Or..." I'm sure there was an evil glint in my eye as I grabbed a huge handful of snow and whitewashed him. :D It was awesome. :D A few minutes later, the bell rang, so we started making our way over to the school building, I felt someone grab the back of my shirt. I turned around, grabbed Jaron, and shoved snow down his back before he could shove snow down mine. :D Excellent. Austin and Nathan both saw, and started running over. I took off. Pretty soon, I looked over and saw an unexpecting Austin just standing there. I scooped up some snow, and pretty soon Austin had a big handful of snow down the back of his shirt, too. After deciding to make my victory complete by getting Nathan, too, I whispered to Jaron to distract Nathan. He did this very well, and I was able to put a third and final handful of snow down Nathan's back. This is when I decided it would be a very good idea to take off, and after shouting goodbye's at all of them, I quickly went to class. When I walked into guitar, soaking wet and breathing hard, Doc gave me a strange look. So I smiled and explained to him that I had just had a snowball fight. And won. :D That's right, ladies and gentlemen, I won. I was losing horribly, but I came back for the kill. Go me. :D Doc laughed, and I spend a period in considerable pain. Cold fingers and guitars do not go well together.

My second great idea for the week also took place on Wednesday. Since I'm pretty much the only laurel to ever show up, I get to plan all of our activities. I really wanted to go look at the lights around Temple Square. But everyone does that. So I though "How can I make this different, and still have a great time?" Lightbulb! We could all bring dates! Of course, it would be just a laurel activity, the younger girls were planning their own activities. My young women's president thought it was a great idea, and so did the Bishop. I asked Nathan, and after checking with the young women's president on last time, I also invited Kortney and Melissa. They asked Eric and Levi. We had an awesome time! I won't get into all the details, because Nathan has already posted about it. It was a perfect night to look at Christmas lights. It was cold, but not too cold. Of course, the Temple grounds were full of mutual groups, but we were the only ones with dates. It was hilarious to pick out all the beehives and deacons. They were quite conspicuous. Not to mention, loud. :D Anyway, a great time was had by all. My Bishop liked my friends, my young womens president thought they were (in her words exactly) "interesting," and I made it home about 5 seconds before curfew. ;) It was awesome.

And now to the third part of this post: College Plans. I know a bunch of you are rolling your eyes right now. But college is a huge deal to me. I'm so psyched (even though I will miss my high school friends). Everyone who has ever talked to me would know that I'm a huge Aggie Fan. I have been planning on attending USU since I was about 2. No joke. That's what I've always wanted to do. I have also been planning on being a RN since I was about 10. This was my plan: Finish High School. Go to USU. Become a Nurse. Well, yesterday my plan was blown out of the water. USU does not have a nursing program. When I found this out, I seriously was this close to crying. Yesterday wasn't the greatest day anyway, and this was just the icing on the cake. That was my plan! That was what I wanted (and still want) to do! How could a plan that I've been working on forever disappear so quickly?! It's not fair. After talking to some friends from church, I was able to find out that Weber has a great nursing program. But Weber is not and never will be USU. Utah State is my dream school. I know there are a lot of options for college, and I know I still have some time to think about it, but it's seriously unnerving not having a plan that's set in stone. Although, I guess I've learned that it doesn't matter what your plan is set in: Dynamite can take anything out. So that's the trauma of the week. I don't know what to do.

Annnyway, I've been cleaning my room for a day and a half, and it's still not done. I really am sick of cleaning.

I could seriously go back to sleep right now. But I'm always ready to go back to sleep.

"We're rockin' the suburbs."

I think I want to watch POTC 2 today. That sounds fun.

But enough of my randomness. Have a nice day. ;)
*corky*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wednesday was the best day ever. ^_^

And that totally sucks about your college plans. I'm actually surprised that USU doesn't have the program you need. You'd think they would, because of the school's size and reputation for greatness. :-x If you need any help, I'm here. Aggies fan to Aggies fan. ;-)

The Warrior said...

Oh no, that's terrible! You're plans have been dashed...I'm so sorry! What can I do for you?

Anything at all?

Anonymous said...

Haha, that was a great day! :) We're totally doing it again on Thursday, for sure!

Man, total bummer about USU... I still like the idea about you getting all the general stuff at USU and then doing the nursing stuff at Weber, but... :( Yeah, there's gotta be some way it can work better. But USU DOES have a doctor's program, right? And that's not too far from nursing, so maybe... I dunno, you could take some of those for a while... but I really don't know much about how college works. You're a total expert compared to me! :)