Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Madness

Good morning. It's 9 am, and I woke up about 10 minutes ago.

Everybody else is doing a Christmas review, so here's mine:

Everything went as it usually does, including all the Christmas drama. Do your families have Christmas drama? Mine does. Every year. And it's usually about the same thing. But we won't talk about that, cuz it's lame.

Annnyway, Christmas was a ton of fun. It seemed strange, because it didn't really feel like the Christmas season this year, even though I was way psyched. Christmas Eve, we (meaning my little sisters and I) made a deal with our parents. We promised not to wake them up until 7, if they promised not to go back to bed around 8. Usually, we wake them up at 5:30 or some other insane time, and they end up going back to bed. We don't like this. So we waited, and let me tell you, it was rough. ;) I actually woke up at 4. I went back to sleep until 6. Then I went back to sleep until my youngest sister woke me up at 7. Now, our bedrooms are on the top floor, the presents are on the main floor, and my parents room is in the basement. They make us wait upstairs until they come and tell us that we can run down the stairs and into the living room where our presents from Santa await us. Does Santa wrap at your house? Well, he doesn't here. So we've been getting creative lately about waking up our parents. When we were little, we would just yell. That's hard! Then we figured out, our vents are all connected. So we'd yell into the vents. :D This year, I called our house on my cell phone. Much easier. Much quicker. :D Go, Courtney. :D It so worked. Yes!

So then we did the usual present thing, check out the haul from Santa, then open family presents.
This is what I got:
  • a red nano ipod: 8 gb, with my name engraved on the back. :D
  • a book bag for my laptop
  • the Over the Hedge DVD
  • an Indianapolis Colts t-shirt
  • part of the Tennis Shoes Among the Nephites series
  • cookies, candy, the general Christmas treats
  • a kermit notebook
  • muppets pins
  • cool new pajamas
  • ugly new pajamas-trust me, you don't want to know. my grandma... ewww.

So yeah, that's what I got. I got a bunch of other stuff too, like gift cards to itunes and stuff. It was a pretty sweet Christmas, I must say.

Haha. Last night, Jaron, Alan, and I decided we were going to watch Dances With Wolves, for extra credit in Rockwell. We fast forwarded through a bunch of it, and didn't watch the rest. Booooooring. :D

Friday, some friends from EFY are coming to hang out. I'm super excited. I haven't seen these guys since...well, EFY.

Well, that's my rant for now. My mom says that if I want to hang out with my friends on Friday, I have to have a clean room and have finished all my homework. So I better get started. Thanks for pretending to care about what I did for Christmas. ;) See ya.
*corky*

2 comments:

Jaron Frost said...

We do care! :) Sounds like a fun Christmas! I really like your iPod, it's awesome.

Nathan said...

I totally know what you mean with not really feeling like it was Christmas. Must be something in the water. :-P

Sounds like you had a blast, though! I'm glad. :-D

Merry Christmas! (I can still say that for posts like this :-P )