Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I'm Going to Disneyland...Again....

I was talking to Thatcher last night. He asked me how I feel about Disney. Now, if you know my family, you know that my mother is OBSESSIVE. She absolutely loves anything and everything Disney. That's just the way it is. Our house, our cars, our...everything...is disney. I think I've been on a total of...well, not very many...vacations that weren't Disneyland/world. So here I am, setting the record straight.

I guess the way to say it would be, I like disney. But I don't love it. We'll start with Disneyland. Disneyland is fun. It's fun going with my family, and I think it would be amazing to go with friends. But would I be ok with going on a vacation to somewhere other than a Disney park? Heck yes!!! I would love to go to Hawaii, or to Washington DC again, or maybe to California and go to the beach instead of Disneyland. I mean, that's all we ever do. Another thing. Disney movies. I really really love some disney movies. Like Aladdin, and Hercules, and Beauty and the Beast. They're my favorite disney movies, especially Aladdin. But then there are movies like Pinocchio and Bambi and Dumbo. I'm not saying I dislike these movies (actually, I HATE Pinocchio) but what's the point of owning movies we never watch? Why do we have a case filled with movies that I've seen once, and will probably never watch again? Yeah. I do not know the answer to this question. And neither does anybody else. Something else my family is known for: wearing disney clothing ALL THE TIME. When I was little, it was cute. But I'm not little anymore, and I prefer not to wear mickey mouse shirts 24/7. OR when my mom thinks it's cute to wear matching mickey mouse shirts. Yeah. I don't think it's so cute.

Soo now you know the truth. Next time you're about to say "Courtney's obsessed with disney," rethink it and say "Courtney's mom is obsessed with disney." I would love to go on a normal vacation. I would love to watch a movie that isn't a disney cartoon, and I would love to not have the same Pirates shirt as my mother. But she's my mom, and I love her. And thats the way things work in our family. It's not a bad life, just a different one. PS...some of us are planning a trip to Disneyland next summer, anyone wanna go? ;)
*corky*

4 comments:

Nick said...

I've always known you weren't obsessed with it, ever since you told me it was your mom in, like, third grade.

In other words, ROAD TRIP!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Heck! I would totally go with you! Whats a vacation with out the other half? :)

Courtney said...

yay! 2 more people for our trip! this is awesome. of course you're coming, kortney! i couldn't go without you!

Jaron Frost said...

Start saving up ;)