Saturday, August 05, 2006

I'm Baaaaaack!

Hey guys, sorry about not posting for so long. I was in Logan for a week. Yes, Logan. Get over it. I went for Utah Business Week. Basically, what that is, is a bunch of nerds who get together to learn about different aspects of business, and have fun at the same time. I made a bunch of new friends (yay me). I went to 2! dances, and had lots of fun. It's funny, when I left I was really sad to be going. I really didn't want to go. I was gonna miss my friends, I wanted to stay here and have fun. But as the week went on, and I made more friends, and I got closer to those friends...well, lets just say that I was really sad to leave this morning. Really sad. But I did not cry. So take that, Kris.

At UBW I really felt like a city girl. Most of those kids were from 1 A or 2 A schools. There was a kid named Ben who had 180 people in his whole school. My friend Maili had 75 people in her grade, and she could name all of them. Insanity, I'm telling you.

Man, I barely got any sleep this week. I was never in bed before 11:30, and I was always awake before 6:15. Last night I went to bed at 1:30 and woke up at 5:15 to watch the sunrise with some friends. Corny, I know. But I might not ever see these people again! We wanted to make the most of our time.

Oh, Gosh. I have to get working on my history homework. I'm almost into panic mode. Seriously. This is bad. School starts in 22 days? or something like that. Wow. I think I might try and work on it today. Or not, I'm pretty tired. Um...well, since people seemed to like the part of the story that I've posted so far, here's a bit more of it.

Cameryn awoke to sunlight streaming through the window of her bedroom. She stretched, and thought more about the previous night. She hadn’t tried to write in a long time, partly because she didn’t want to, partly because she knew she couldn’t. After standing in the rain for what had felt like mere minutes, but what had actually been hours, she had come inside, soaked and exhausted, and gone to bed. She had lost count of how many nights she had spent in the same way. She slowly got out of bed, and began the morning routine. Shower, dress, hair, breakfast. She looked in the mirror, examining her reflection. She didn’t use make up. She liked to think that she didn’t need it, and truthfully, she had never really learned how to use it. But what did it matter? The only person she really needed to impress right now was herself. She shook herself, mentally. “Snap out of it!” she said, out loud. She knew she needed to get over it. It had been long enough. What she needed, she decided, was to go out with some friends. This made her brighten. Friends. She hadn’t gone out with her girl friends in a long time. She would call Alyssa! She picked up her cell phone and started going through her phone book. A slight frown creased her face. And then she remembered. When he was in her life, she hadn’t needed friends. She had shut them out, and they weren’t willing to remain friends with someone who had treated them so badly. They had warned her about him, telling her that he was no good, that she would get hurt. Their words had only made her mad, and she had let them know it. She had said harsh things, things she hadn’t meant. She had driven them away, and now she was alone. Completely alone. She hit “yes” on her cell phone. She would call Alyssa anyway. She needed to apologize. She needed a friend.

Well, there ya go. It's not action, it's not adventure. It's probably boring. Let me know what you think. Be honest.

*corky*

No comments: