Monday, February 26, 2007

Just A Line In A Song...

Ok, I really love music. It's amazing... I just love it! There's a song for every mood. Different songs strike me at different times. These are just a few lines from a few songs that made me think. Maybe they applied to my life at the time, or maybe I just like the lyrics. Anyway, here ya go. :D

"I'll be your crying shoulder, I'll be love's suicide I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life." -Edwin McCain, I'll Be

"Our song is the slamming screen door, Sneakin' out late, tapping on your window When we're on the phone and you talk real slow Cause it's late and your mama don't know Our song is the way you laugh The first date "man, I didn't kiss her, and I should have"And when I got home ... before I said amen Asking God if he could play it again" -Taylor Swift, Our Song

"He said the way my blue eyes shined Put those Georgia stars to shame that night I said: "That's a lie."Just a boy in a Chevy truck That had a tendency of gettin' stuck On backroads at night And I was right there beside him all summer long And then the time we woke up to find that summer gone." -Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw

"I'm falling even more in love with you letting go of all I've held onto I'm standing here until you make me move I'm hanging by a moment here with you." -Lifehouse, Hangin' By A Moment

"Cause it's you and me and all other people with nothing to do Nothing to lose And it's you and me and all other people And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you" -Lifehouse, You and Me

"Maybe I'm not but you're all I got left to believe in Don't give up on me I'm about to come alive And I know that it's been hard And it's been a long time coming Don't give up on me I'm about to come alive" -Train, I'm About To Come Alive

"Some people want it all But I don't want nothing at all If it ain't you baby" -Alicia Keys, If I Ain't Got You

"And all the perfect words they seem so wrong, She's gone You wish that you could learn to see, The door is closed and you wish you could be Alone with you, alone with me What can I do, I cannot breathe My heart is torn, for all to see Alone with you, alone with me." -The All-American Rejects, One More Sad Song

"Do you believe in magic? In a young girls heart How the music can free her whenever it starts And it's magic if the music is groovy It makes you feel happy like an old time movie" -Aly and AJ, Do You Believe In Magic

"He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do." -Taylor Swift, Teardrops on My Guitar

"there's never a wish better than this When you only got 100 years to live" -Five for Fighting, 100 Years

"she laid her heart and soul right in your hands And you stole her every dream and you crushed her plans She never even knew she had a choice and that's what happens When the only voice she hears is telling her she can't You stupid boy" -Keith Urban, Stupid Boy

"I'd rather be anything but ordinary please" -Avril Lavigne, Anything But Ordinary

"Closing timeYou don't have to go home but you can't stay here ... Closing time Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end" -Closing Time, Semisonic

"I want a little something more Don't want the middle or the one before I don't desire a complicated past I want a love that will last Say that you love Say im the one Don't kiss and hug me and then try to run I don't do drama My tears don't fall fast I want a love that will last" -Renee Olstead, A Love That Will Last

"Cause you had a bad day You're taking one down You sing a sad song just to turn it around You say you don't know You tell me don't lie You work at a smile and you go for a ride You had a bad day The camera don't lie You're coming back down and you really don't mind You had a bad day" -Daniel Powter, Bad Day

So there are just a few. There are so many more! I have so many favorite songs! I would love to post them all here, but that would take forever and be WAY too long. :D I really liked this idea, it was really fun to look at the lyrics to these songs. Hope you like it!
*corky*

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

I loved those. Some of them fit for me right now. You're amazing Court! And don't you ever forget it.

Kortney said...

I love it! I'm pretty sure some of them fit me right now too. And well, i'm madly in love with one... I want you to do this more often for sure!

The Warrior said...

Whoa...I didn't yet read all that....but I should so blog some, too.

Nick said...

Happy b-day. Hooray old people.

Nathan said...

Awesome stuff. I can totally relate to some of those lyrics. :-D

And you can't not love Bad Day. Definitely a classic. 8-)

Happy birthday, Court!

Stephanie said...

Yes Yes! Happy Birthday!

The Warrior said...

You mean it's out? I was instructed to keep it private!

So I guess I can say it publicly now: happy birthday to one of the best girls in the world!

Stephanie said...

Hah. She can't keep it a secret with me around! I took her balloons at school. LOTS of balloons. It was great.

Courtney said...

yep spencer, no more secrets. :( can't say i didn't try, tho.

thanks guys. i can honestly say, my face is BRIGHT red. :D \

there were LOTS of balloons... oh so many balloons... :D

lol. you guys area amazing, i love you all!

The Warrior said...

We love you too, Courtney! More than...(quick think of something big!)...uh...the universe!

Wish I could've seen the balloons!

Courtney said...

i should have taken pictures!

no!

nathan should have taken pictures!

he's the slacker, not me!

Courtney said...

btw,

aww, thanks spence!

Nathan said...

I'm such a slacker....

:-P

The Warrior said...

You're welcome, Court. And you just made me laugh...hee hee!