Monday, April 23, 2007

Montana Cowboy

I got a kick out of this. Hope you all like it.

A cowboy at a bar in Great Falls, Montana, orders three mugs of beer and
sits in the back room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn.
When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.
The bartender tells him, "You know, a mug goes flat after I draw it. It
would taste better if you bought one at a time."
The cowboy replies, "I know, but that's O.K . I have two brothers, one in
Billings , the other in Helena . I'm in Great Falls . When we left
home,
we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank
together. I drink one for each of my brothers and one for myself."

The bartender says, "I think that is a nice custom."
The cowboy becomes a regular, and always orders three mugs and drinks
them in turn. One day he comes in and orders only two mugs.
All the regulars take notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the
bar for the second round, the bartender says, "We don't want to intrude
on your grief, but we want to offer our condolences on your loss."
The cowboy looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns and he
laughs. "Oh, no, everybody's fine," he explains. "It's just that my wife
and I joined the Mormon church and I had to quit drinking. Hasn't
affected my brothers, though."

Giggle giggle.

In other news, I learned how to laugh in sign language today. I would show you, but yeah.... ;)
Have a great day!
*corky*

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

lol! That's awesome Court! I love it!

Kortney said...

hahaha! I like it! :)

Rachel Frost said...

That is very funny. Good job with that one.

Nathan said...

lol, Those crazy Mormons....

;-)

The Warrior said...

Lol! Funny!

But do Mormons really always keep away from alcohol?

Courtney said...

yes, spencer. i can't say everyone does, cuz i'm sure that there are some mormons who still drink. but as a church we stay away from any sort of alcohol.

The Warrior said...

Really, huh? Well, I'm the same way anyways. ;-P

Courtney said...

that's great. good work, spence. ;)