Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Eww

I feel really... eww... right now. Mostly just physically. My ear has needed to pop for the past 3 days. My nose... let's not get into that. Basically, my body isn't very good at fighting off the common cold. It can take care of pretty much everything, BUT the stupid little cold.

But I guess it's also a mental/emotional thing too. Now before you say "Courtney's gone emo," let me clarify. I'm not really unhappy. Things are pretty good right now. I mean, life's not perfect, but when has it ever been? I think I'm just drained. Things are a bit confusing right now, and I'm not exactly sure who to talk to about it. My mind is refusing to function, and although I know I have homework and extra credit work to do, I can't seem to make my body understand how crucial it is to finish this work. I blame the winter break. Nobody really wants to do anything after the break, right?

Ooh, good. :D Music. I've got it pumping, now. The volume is turned up to 15. I know that's not a huge number, but you should see my stereo. :D 15 is loud enough to make me happy, loud enough to shake the floor, but not quite loud enough for my parents to tell me to turn it down. Most of the time.

Sometimes I wonder what's going to happen in my life. Will the things that are important to me now be important to me later? Will the friends I have now remain with me throughout my life? I think everyone wonders about this sometimes. Especially as teenagers. We're stuck in between childhood and adulthood. We're too old to continue playing with the toys that amused us when we were younger, but we aren't old enough to move out, get a real job, or buy our own house. As my dad is fond of reminding me, we own nothing. Mostly he just points this out to tease me, but it's true. As we are not legal, we don't have any real property rights.

Hmm...

Well this is sort of a depressing post. More thoughtful, than depressing, I guess.

I really do have homework to do. I want to get to bed before 1 AM tonight. 'Night, all. ;)
*corky*

3 comments:

Jaron Frost said...

I'm always here if you need someone to talk to. But you know that...

I hope you get feeling better soon! I'm here for you now, no matter what the future's like... although I like to think that things will be similar.

Nathan said...

I'm also here if you need someone, Court. Always. :-)

And it totally sucks that you're sick. Those colds . . . so annoying. I hope you get feeling better soon, both physically and mentally/emotionally! I miss you.

fabiano said...

colds SUCK!!! I've had one for two whole months now.