Saturday, July 22, 2006

Selfish?

Man, I gotta find something else to say other than "Good Morning." Ok, here's your assignment. Find me a new way to say good morning, and then leave a comment to tell me what it is! And if no one comments, then I will know that no one reads my blog, and that Thatcher was lying when he said that people were desperate to read anything. :D Yay for me.

Alright, on to more serious things. So there's this guy in my neighborhood. My mom told me last Sunday that he had found out that he had leukemia, and the doctors said he only had 2 weeks to live. So, if the doctors are right, then at this point he has only a little more than a week to live. Guys...this guy is fourteen. He's just a little boy, really. He's never going to get his drivers license, or take a girl to prom. Not if what the doctors said is true. He'll never be able to experience so many things. How unfair is that? And here I am, perfectly content with my life. Not worrying about anything, just playing my way through life. And it bothers me that I'm worried about what I'm having for breakfast, and here's this kid. And he's worried about whether or not he'll still be alive for breakfast. So does this make me selfish? Is it bad that I'm happy with my life, and that I don't have to worry about things like this kid does? Another thing....I never really knew this kid, but at the same time, I disliked him. You see, he was really good friends with another guy who lives around the corner from me. When I was in 4th grade, this guy said something that really hurt my feelings. I guess I was still holding onto that 4th grade grudge. Even tho the first kid did nothing wrong, he hung out with someone I didn't like, and I judged him for that. I know, I know. I'm horrible. 'Don't judge a book by it's cover.' Blah, blah, blah. That's the way it goes, tho. And now I feel bad about all of that. I feel bad that this kid and his family has to go through so much when my family doesn't really have any problems...

So yeah, that's my rant. Oh, and the Jobless Juniors club is still searching for sponsors, if anyone wants to volunteer...

*corky*

2 comments:

CJThatcher said...

Courtney, you're not a terrible person because you're not dying. Talk to me later, it's a big discussion.

Anonymous said...

Awww...Cortney you're a great person and if you can't help but not like the guy, it's not your fault. The best you can do is treat him humanely.

Regarding the Jobless Junior Club, however, we should have all of our buddies that actually HAVE jobs pay some kind of monthly tribute to us. Haha.