Saturday, September 23, 2006

Live It Well

Hey guys. Pretty much you can thank Kyle for this post. I read his blog...and this is the result. I actually have thought about this many times. If it depresses you, I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a downer. I'm just looking at the facts.

We're getting old. Ok, so not seriously old, but we're not really kids anymore. We're starting to figure out what colleges we want to go to, how many credits we need, and what we want to do "when we grow up." We're getting involved, figuring out what things we love, and going out and doing those things. It's high school. That's what our lives are all about. I don't know about you, but I'm big on making my high school memories the best I can. I don't want to remember sitting at home after school everyday. I want to remember the activities I planned and participated in. I want to be involved. I want to be with my friends.

Friends. That brings up another big thing. I love my friends. I don't know what I would do without them. I certainly wouldn't be who I am today. One thing that's been depressing me lately is...well, we don't have much time left. No matter how much I love you guys, no matter how hard we try to keep in touch...well, we're going to be moving on. Soon, actually. Too soon for my liking. I had to work hard to make the friends that I have today. I'm not looking forward to leaving them. I know a lot of you aren't big on the in-state college deal. I'm going to USU, of course. But I know others who want to get out of Utah. I see my dad, and his "best friends." How often do they talk now? Hardly ever. Once, maybe twice a year. These guys are his BEST friends. Maybe the correct word is "were." I don't remember who my mom was best friends with in high school. I don't know if I've ever even met them. We'll leave high school, we'll get new friends, get married, have kids. We'll move on with life. But this...what we're living right now, this is a once in a life time thing. We'll never be in the same position again, we'll never have the same opportunities, or the same friends. We'll never have the same personalities. Change is inevitable. It's going to come.

So what do we do to make sure we stay in touch? I'm not sure. But I know what we can do now. A lot of us...well, we're busy. All of us are, actually. But what do I suggest? Make time to be with friends. Some of us have jobs, all of us have hard classes, and plenty of extracurriculars. But please...please. Just make time for each other. Make time to watch movies, play night games...make time for being together. Make sure that we leave this stage of our lives with no regrets. If there's something you wanna do, do it. It's the time of your life, so live it well.

*corky*

6 comments:

Nathan said...

My thoughts precisely. This is a time that we will never get back. Why waste it doing nothing (I'm guilty, by the way)?

I was actually going to do a blog similar to this earlier today. It's about remembering the earlier childhood, though; check back for it later tonight! :-D

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%!

Anonymous said...

Okay, here's the deal. We'll always like each other. We'll always be friends, we'll always know what's going on with each other, we'll always be understanding. And that's why there is the Alliance. The Alliance will never leave. It will always be there. We can always communicate with each other over the Alliance, it's our hangout, now and post-high school. If we all agree to use it, we can keep in touch. The only problem with this is the fact that almost everyone I know will be going on a mission... well, if we all agree to use the Alliance when we get back, then it'll be good. Don't worry, Courtney, it'll all be all right (wow, that was really out of character).

CJThatcher said...

Indeed, we shall move on. And indeed, that pains us all.

But... I think that's sort of what has to happen. If it wasn't, you'd see alot of people that were still in highschool and not married with kids. You don't get married in highschool. I wanna get married sometime, and that requires me moving on.

So yeah, it hurts us now. But it's necessary, and it'll be ok.

And heck, I'm going to USU, if that counts for anything. That's right Levi, I'm throwing my life away :D .

As long as there's ultimate and seven of us within 100 miles of each other, we can stick together. Feel the power of bultimate, baby.

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear. Lets have that movie night for SURE.

Combat Kyle said...

This is all true. Read my blog, thats response enough for this matter.