Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankful: A Thanksgiving Post

Yeah, I know Thanksgiving is officially tomorrow. But I thought I'd get a jumpstart. ;)
So...as a special Turkey Day treat, I'm going to make a list of things I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful that we don't have school for another four days.
I'm thankful that I don't have english homework.
I'm thankful for great friends that I can always have fun with.
I'm thankful for good food and people to share it with.
I'm thankful for music, the kind I can dance to, the kind I can sing to, the kind I can feel the spirit with.
I'm thankful for froustaches. :-E
I'm thankful for the gospel, the knowledge it provides me with and the peace it gives me.
I'm thankful for a wonderful family that supports me in all that I do.
I'm thankful for great friends that support me in all that I do.
I'm thankful for a warm bed, soft plankets, and a comfortable pillow.
I'm thankful for parents that provide for me.
I'm thankful for grandparents who spoil me.
I'm thankful for the special moments in life.
I'm thankful for a special bond with my family, both immediate and extended.
I'm thankful for clothes that keep me warm, keep me cool, and keep me modest.
I'm thankful for cookies.
I'm thankful for the wonderful example set by friends, family, and church leaders.
I'm thankful for my Bishop, for the wonderful man that he is, and for the great relationship I have with him.
I'm thankful for technological advances that make my life easier, more entertaining, and well, better.
I'm thankful for smiles.
I'm thankful for those that came before me who paved a path of liberty and religious freedom.
I'm thankful for Joseph Smith, his inspiration, his dedication, and the path he paved.
I'm thankful for memories, and for pictures.
I'm thankful for tree.
I'm thankful for laughter.
I'm thankful for happiness.
I'm thankful for the holidays, and what they represent.
I'm thankful for the impact that each of you have had on my life.
I'm thankful for my testimony of Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, and the Book Of Mormon.
I'm thankful for giggles.

Well, those are a few of the things I'm thankful for. They're not in any particular order. They all make me happy. So here's your challenge: Write a thank you note to someone. Not just a Turkey Gram, although those rock. Write a real thank you note. It can be a letter, it can be an email. It can be whatever you want it to be. Just let someone know how you feel about them, surprise them.

Thanks to everyone who has made a difference in my life, I owe you. I'm so glad you're my friends. :D You all rock, majorly.

Have an awesome Thanksgiving, everyone. Enjoy your long weekend. And avoid Black Friday shopping.
*corky*

7 comments:

Kortney said...

I am thankful for you! Haha, totally will be part of black friday, it's the best day of the year ;) haha, tho, I am not one of the crazy one's that wait's in a line. I know what I want, make my plan, go get it and i'm done. End of story. Touching, isn't it?

CJThatcher said...

I'm thankful for Glen.

...and you too Courtney.

Hooray for Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Yay, Turkey Day! :) Don't eat TOO much, Corkonius!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for froustaches, Courtney Wyatt, Tree, and djaw.

Happy Thanksgiving!

:-E

D-:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... something just hit me. Perhaps we should call it the drojaw instead? :-P

D-:

Courtney said...

drojaw is good! i like it. another good idea from nathan cunningham!

oh, and i'm thankful for kortney, thatcher, glen, jaron, and nathan. :D

The Warrior said...

And I'm thankful for you!

But one can avoid shopping perhaps, but can they avoid working in it? :-P