Monday, November 13, 2006

Hands Down

(8) Hands down, this is the best day I can ever remember, always remember. (8)
-Hands Down, Dashboard Confessional

That should be changed to the best WEEKEND I can ever remember. Oh man, it totally rocked. You have no idea.

So I already told you about Friday and Saturday. Sunday was just as awesome.

I got up, finished my post, and then went to church. I love church. We had a great sacrament meeting. One of the high councilmen spoke. He was really funny. He's from Wales, so he had a cool accent. It was good. They released my Sunday school teacher, so that was a bummer. I love Sister L. and I'm gonna miss her. We finished our Sunday school lesson early, so I talked to Josh for a bit. Then we had YW. Our lesson was on Courage. It was a really good lesson. After church, I came home and made sandwhiches for our Bishopric. They had to stay later after church, and my dad is the executive secretary, so I make them sandwhiches often. After that, it was basically chilling. I talked to Trevor, finished some homework, and talked to a few other people.

Then, something odd happened. Usually, my parents only make me clean my room if it's really messy. I had cleaned it on Friday, so it wasn't too bad. My bed was the only messy part. And I hate making my bed. I find it pointles....but I digress. My parents made me make my bed and finish the little things that needed to be clean. Weird. Then, during dinner, my dad's cell rang. He answered it. The conversation sounded like this:
"Well... Can you give me another half an hour?" Pause. "How about 7:30?" Pause. "Ok, see you then."
He was sitting close enough to me that I could hear Alan. I couldn't hear what Alan was saying, but I could hear Alan's voice.

Not at all suspicious.

After dinner, my parents tell me to take my sisters and stay at my grandma's house "until we call you."

Oh yeah, I don't suspect a thing.

So I go to my grandma's house. She's all "Why are you here?"
My response: "My date for sadies is trashing my room as we speak."
Grandma said "Oh, I"m sure your mom won't let them do anything too bad..."

Yeah, right.

I walk into my room. It's covered in glitter/confetti. Absolutely covered. Everywhere. Everything. Like an inch of glitter....The metallicy stuff that doesn't ever go away..

Yeah, my spotless room. It was covered. Oh, let's not forget the streamers and balloons. Yeah. Lots of those two. My first thought: laughter. My second thought, "I'm gonna kill Alan and Jaron."

Nah, just kidding. I was super happy to be answered. He said yes. And I'm super psyched for Saturday, it's going to be a blast! I got our t-shirts. They're awesome. Now I just need to get paid so I can buy everything else....

Oh man, I took pictures of my room. I should post them...first I need to figure out how to do that...

Anyway, there's Courtney's weekend. :D It was the best every. :D I hope you all had great weekends too! :-E
Cya!
*corky*

4 comments:

The Warrior said...

Ooh, I'd be mad and yet happy too!

Glad you had a great time, Corky!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I love it! And Saturday's gonna be amazing! ^_^

And remember, Courtney, it usually takes four tries to get all the glitter out. ;-)

:-E

Anonymous said...

I'm living vicariously through you, and experiencing what it's like to ask/answer to Sadie's.

It's... interesting.

Good luck with that.

Anonymous said...

Just think of it this way... now you won't ever forget your Junior year Sadies dance! ;P