Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Celebration

Hey people. ;) I'm back. This week has been one of craziness. The times I've actually been able to sit down at a computer have been few and far in-between. Not to mention, short. But here I am. It's the end of term. So not too much homework this weekend. The beginning of a new month, so this month we might actually stay on top of things at work. And... umm... I'm sure there's something else that I could be celebrating right now. Let me think about it.

So anyway... Welcome to corky's Blogging Party! There will be much partying. There will be music (sorta), food (not really), and friends (if they decide to read this. ;) ). It looks like it's gonna be a great party! Shweet.

First Item of Celebration: End of Term! Heck yes! School has been sucky this year. It's hard. And I whine about it often. So imagine my surprise when I check my grades and *gasp* I have 6 A's and 2 A-'s. Excuse me while I celebrate! *Go Courtney, Go Courtney!* You see, unlike Thatcher, I'm not a brilliant 4.0 student. I'm a semi-smart 3.9 student. And proud of it, yo.

Second Item of Celebration: New month! We're no longer behind at work! For those of you who don't know (most of you), I work with Sarah. We stuff envelopes. Last month, our goal was 10 boxes. Because of Seussical, we didn't work much. So... we got very much behind. We finished our last boxes for October on Friday. And we get payed next week! Hooray!

Third Item of Celebration: Seussical! It was INCREDIBLE. I've been meaning to blog about it for some time now, and I'm finally doing it. It was so much fun. I loved watching my friends on stage (or in the pit), knowing how hard they worked to make this show great. I loved seeing them remember lines that they had struggled with or hold out notes that they were having a hard time with (Austin was amazing!). On Monday night I got to sit back stage with them. That was sooo much fun! I loved seeing how everything fit together and how much fun they had while they performed and worked hard to make things run smoothly. Needless to say, the after parties were fun too! lol. Leatherbyes on Monday was awesome. I didn't get to stay long, but it was still good. Oh, duh. I almost forgot: Before the show each night, we would mess around with my hair. We would Seussify it. Then Alan or Eric would do my make-up. On Monday night I actually had someone tell me that I was wonderful in the play and that we had all done a great job. I just thanked her and walked away laughing. I also got to do Stuart's and Austin's hair. And I just helped out with little things here and there. Nothing huge. But seriously, a round of applause goes out to anyone who had anything to do with Seussical.

Fourth Item of Celebration: Halloween. I love Halloween. One of the best holidays EVER. I mean, Haunted Houses. Haunted Corn Mazes. Costumes. Candy. Parties. Movies. I LOVE Halloween. On Halloween I had a Halloween Party. It was a costume party, so almost everyone dressed up. We watched Hocus Pocus. Hocus Pocus is the best Halloween movie ever. There was tons of candy. Tons of food. And tons of people. :S It started out as a little party. It didn't necessarily end up that way. :D But it was good fun. And Jaron sang his MJ song. I love the MJ song. It's awesome.

Ok. I've run out of items worth celebrating. Now we're just into the Corky News.

Sadies is coming up. Do I have a date or don't I? I dunno. Let me know if you find out. ;)

Bailey found my CTR ring! I'm so excited. Ok, that's our Fifth Item of Celebration.

Umm... I have a cold. Again. I hate being sick. I blame the drama geeks. They all get sick after the musical, and I hang out with them. So I get sick. I particularly blame Sarah and Austin B.

I think that's about it. This post is huge. But that's ok. I'll try to start blogging more frequently again. You better all comment on this, or I'm going to my corner to cry. And I won't want to blog anymore. :D
see ya!
*corky*

7 comments:

Trevor Poulson said...

cool stuff ha ha i dont know what to say ha ha

CJThatcher said...

You should get some airborne for the cold, that stuff is golden.

Yay for me not having anything to do with suessical. Yay for you for getting involved, good work.

In addition, yay for the MJ song, it's intense.

Good work posting again, you should continue to do so. That is all, g'night Courtney.

Anonymous said...

I kinda heard that song, and it was... well, let's put it this way: nevermind.

Seussical = teh awesome.

And yay for being proud of 3.9s.

And slave drivers.

Anonymous said...

Nick doesn't like my MJ song! *punt*

That's okay. I'm totally doing a remix. Or, a re-recording. A better one, now that I've changed the words a little and miiiight have a better mic. Mwahaha. Someday I may even get it professionally recorded. But that's after we make more songs. I choose Corkonius to help me make more songs! :) We at least gotta make a Cjaron National Anthem and the Tunnel Duck Song...

Anonymous said...

I commented! ^_^

I don't know what to say. Good to have you back, though! :-D

Oh, and one more thing...

...

...

...

:-E

Mustache frown!

The Warrior said...

I'm commenting!

Courtney said...

woo hoo! yay for comments!