Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Scholarship Blah

I hate applying for scholarships. No really, it sucks. I mean... How am I supposed to write 500 words on why I deserve a scholarship? I mean, seriously, when I think about it... I probably don't deserve this scholarship. I haven't worked harder than anyone else. I haven't done something great. I haven't done anything, really. But I want this scholarship. Who wouldn't? It's free college. I want Utah State more than almost anything. And having a scholarship would make it all the sweeter. Not only would a scholarship help my current family, but it would help my future family. I mean, money is one of the main things that families fight about, especially newlyweds. How great would it be to not have to worry about paying student debt? I want this scholarship, I really do. But how am I supposed to write 500 words on why I deserve a scholarship that I really don't deserve?
There's tonight's rant.
*corky*

2 comments:

Ryan said...

there is a reason why you deserve the scholarship, you're just not convinced that you do.

good luck

Nathan said...

I haven't worked harder than anyone else.

Bull freakin' crap. So you haven't worked harder than everyone. But you're still up there. The first example I can think of with this is your retaking the ACT. That means more studying and getting up on a Saturday morning a second time to take a long test that most students don't even want to take once.

You work hard at maintaining your awesome GPA, Court. You're proven at how dependable you are. That's the kind of person these places want to give scholarships to.

In other words, you deserve it. ;-)

Best of luck to ye. If you need anything, I'm out of school and out of work with more free time than is probably good for me. Give me a holler any time. ;-)