Saturday, September 22, 2007

Cool Stuff

Hey everyone! Long time no see. Things have been incredibly busy. I usually end up getting to school at about 7. But I don't end up getting hom until 5. That's 10 hours at school... plus homework and work and church. So it's a busy busy corky. Kim and Alan have got me involved in drama... and I have to say, I'm having a ball. I'm absolutely loving it. Each day is more fun and adventerous than the next.
Creative writing is also a ton of fun. Writing comes easier and easier each day. I love it. :D

Actually, here's something that I wrote in creative writing. Let me know what you think of it!

Bring back a memory
A dream, a wish
Bring back a hope
Or a childhood kiss
Bring back a moment
From a time far away
Bring back the music
From a distant day
Bring back a feeling
To enrich the soul
Bring back a story
We already know
Bring back a thought
So fond and so deep
Bring back a dream
From a sleepless sleep
Bring back a want
A need, a desire
Bring back a passion
Burning bright as a fire
Bring back a love
Beautiful and sure
Bring back a home
Warm, cozy, secure
Bring back a life
Too precious to lose
Bring back a something,
Whatever you choose.


I also got headshots taken at school... I'm not sure how they look. :D Let me know what you think! I love hearing people's opinions. Comment lots and lots!!!




Annnyway, there's my update. ;) Comment. I like comments.
*corky*

7 comments:

Nathan said...

That's a hot pic. ;-)

Great poem, too! You must let me know how all of these do when you turn them in. :-D

And ten hours at school... my apologies. :-P

Courtney said...

thanks nathan! you're awesome. ;)

oh, ps guys. i don't have a title for the poem. any suggestions?

Ryan said...

so, I'm no good with poetry or anything like that really... it sounds good, at least in my head, I just can't think of a title for it.

The Warrior said...

Head shot. Yowza. ;-D

Life of Memories, for the title. Like it? (BTW I LOVED it. :-D)

And you so had me worried Saturday night, the prank you pulled on me. Bleh! :-P

I've missed you!!!!!!!!

Love forever,

Spencer

The Warrior said...

How about Bring it Back, or Bring on the Memories, for a title?

Ryan said...

personally, I think that the title "when you return" would be good. when I read it, I got a sense that the narator was anxiously awaiting someone's return, and what they would bring with them.

iecco said...

i love your poem... and i agree with rain about the title. :)

and yeah.. the pick rocks!