Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Crystal Ball

It's official. I applied to Utah State last night. I sent my transcript to them today. The future is officially here, and I'm ready for it! I even started looking at majors last night, and I have two that I'm really thinking about. The first one is in physical education with a physical therapy emphasis. That means I would be about one step away from a gym teacher. Freaky, huh? The second one is in deaf education. How cool would that be?! I love sign language. I'm always learning random signs and figuring out how to incorporate them into my daily life. I think it would be awesome!! The funny thing is, I never even considered a career in education. I never wanted to be a teacher, or anything like that. But look at me now. I think deaf education would be amazing, and physical therapy... well, I've already said that I'll basically be a gym teacher in a hospital. But... I'm so excited!! Really, things are happening quickly. But I am so ready for them. I'm excited for graduation, I'm excited for my future, I'm excited for the changes that are going on in my life right now.

I'm retaking the ACT for the third (and final) time on January 3. If you are going to Utah State, you can take the ACT on campus and get your results the same day. I'm so close to my scholarship, I can taste it. And this time, I am not going in unprepared. I bought a Sparknotes study guide yesterday, and I am taking this test head on. College will be so much easier if I don't have to worry about paying for it. The study guide has good tips, and even though this will be my third time through the test, I think I'm learning for it. I'm going to get that 31. This is it!

When I go up to USU to take the ACT, my dad is taking a day off of work and my parents are coming with me. We're taking a campus tour, and I think we're even meeting with an academic advisor. My mom is going to introduce me to some of the people she knows that work at the University. We're also going to check out the housing. I am so ready for this. My mom keeps teasing me, saying I'm a squirrel because every time someone gives me something that I'm taking to college with me, I run upstairs and put it into my college box. Mostly I just have kitchen stuff, like pots and pans. Before I move up to Logan, we're even going to buy a little rice cooker.

I just feel... ready for this. Excited. Mature. I can't wait to have my "own" apartment. As weird as it sounds, I'm kind of excited to be poor. :D I want to have to buy my own food, pay for my own house, and depend mostly on myself. I'm looking forward to the independence. I'll be able to do what I want to, when I want to. I guess it kind of sounds bad when I put it that way. It's not like I'm going to stay up until 3 every night and do all sorts of crazy stuff, but I like having the option to do that if I want to. :D Does that even make sense? Who knows, I'm insane!

Life is so amazingly good right now. I am super, super excited for all that lies ahead. I am so excited for all that I have right now. The future is here, boys and girls. And I am oh so ready. :D
your soon to be college girl,
*corky*

4 comments:

Jaron Frost said...

Haha I'm happy you're so confident! I feel a little less confident... maybe it's the whole mission thing. It kinda complicates things for me. But it will work out, I'm sure. You're going to do great, Court. You've got it made. :D

Nathan said...

My Corky is growing up. ;-)

You get 'em. You're dead set for success, Court; the future is going to be very good to you.

The Warrior said...

Wow, Courtie, look at your euphoric self go! I like to see this. :-)

Ryan said...

don't get too far ahead of yourself there, you've still got another semester to finish. ;)